Static Pull Ups
Muscle Group: Back
Static Pull-ups are as distressing to your muscles as any exercise you will do. Bodybuilding is a mental and physical sport. This exercise will test your mental strength! Static pull-ups can be compared to power movements as far as gains are concerned. These widen the back perhaps like no other exercise!
- Grab the pull up bar with an overhand grip, hands wider than shoulder width.
- Now pull yourself up so that the back of your neck touches the bar.
- Actively hold yourself in this position until failure or an amount of time you have specified.
- Come back down and hold yourself in the bottom position with an “active” hang rather than a “passive” hang. That means still having your back engaged even at the bottom – not sunken into your shoulders.
- Variations: You can perform these super wide, medium grip, close or shoulder width, each stresses the lats in a different way.